Today’s review is about IPSA Luminizing Clay.
IPSA is a Japanese Cosmetic brand and a subsidiary of the well-known Shiseido Company. Did you know Shiseido is one of the oldest and largest cosmetic company in the world? IPSA is a counselling brand with one mission – to enhance the skin’s vital force to become beautiful on its own. Their recipe methodology reveals the inner workings of your skin in its best possible condition.
I discovered IPSA in early 2016, there is a lot of reviews about this brand (in a good way) and they are one of the most famous luxury cosmetic lines in Japan. Learn more about IPSA here.
IPSA Luminizing Clay, a clay mask + exfoliator, is the first IPSA skin care product I used. After trying for about 5 months, I am ready to give you a detailed review of my experience with this mask.
ABOUT IPSA LUMINIZING CLAY & ITS EFFECT ON SKIN
IPSA LUMINIZING CLAY is placed under the Stratum Corneum Care categories on IPSA Website. This is a clay type massage mask that:
- Restores skin texture as an instant effect to a state that easily reflects light,
- It has superior absorbing and cleansing effects as well as moisturising effect.
- It removes dead corneocytes and impurities deep within the pores by the root, creating soft, translucent skin as an immediate effect.
What’s in the Mask?
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Kaolin
How to use:
You can use it as a normal scrub or a clay mask.
To use as a mask: After cleansing, apply an appropriate amount on the skin. Massage in a circular motion and leave it on the face for about 5 – 10 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
– Leaving the formula on your face for about 5 minutes to increase the absorption of the effective ingredients of the clay and enhance the skincare benefits of items applied later.
IPSA suggest using the clay on dry skin when “want to completely remove dirt” or use it on a wet skin when “concerned about skin dryness”.
If you have sensitive skin and is not a fan of harsh exfoliation, IPSA Luminizing Clay is your saviour! My review will explain why:
Packaging: Rating 8/10
I love the packaging! It comes in a simple squeeze tube. Apart from the simplicity of the design which I adore, I feel that a squeeze tube is more hygienic than a jar package. You don’t want to leave bacteria’s when you dig your hands in, right?
Colour and Texture: Rating 8/10
The product is in pale grey colour, with a smooth creamy consistency, almost like an uncooked meringue (beaten egg whites). It has small microbeads which help with exfoliation. The product is incredibly soft and smooth when applied onto the skin. It definitely doesn’t feel like you are scrubbing and differs from the usual clay mask which tends to be quite dry. I am seriously in love with the texture!
Effects on Skin:
- Restores skin texture as an instant effect to a state that easily reflects light. (Rating 7/10)When it says restore skin texture, I am not sure how to define or even measure this. However, after each usage, my face feels really healthy and clean, with a bit of glow on it (that reflects light, perhaps?).
- It has superior absorbing and cleansing effects as well as moisturising effect.(Rating 7/10)Like I mentioned before, due to the creaminess of the mask, it doesn’t dry up the skin at all. If you have dry skin, apply this mask onto wet skin and you will see dead skins disappearing.
- It removes dead corneocytes and impurities deep within the pores by the root, creating soft, translucent skin as an immediate effect. (Rating 7/10)It doesn’t completely remove the stubborn blackhead on my nose, but other parts of my face do feel cleaner after using this mask. My skin definitely feels softer after each application.
Pricing: Rating 6.5/10
This mask is pricey (As I said it’s a luxury cosmetic brand). A 100ml tube of this mask will cost you about AUD 70 (it’s cheaper if you buy it in Japan, which costs 4000 JYP, approximately AUD 50). I don’t use it every week (Mostly due to laziness :P) so it lasts me quite long. However, I estimate that it will only last about 3 months if you follow their instruction (one or twice a week).
MY OVERALL RATING: 7.25 / 10
Apart from the price, IPSA Luminizing Clay is absolutely AMAZING. Normally, my skin becomes sensitive and red after using exfoliating scrubs, but this one doesn’t give me any of that. I simply wash it off and my skin is instantly cleaner, fresher and softer. Will I repurchase it? Yes. I will keep this mask stocked on the shelf until I find a similar clay mask with a more affordable price. For now, this mask is my favourite. My next IPSA target is their “THE TIME R AQUA”. Can’t wait to try this essence that everyone is raving about!
What is your favourite scrub at the moment? Let me know in the comments below!
Till next time,
P.S. This is not a sponsored post. These products are purchased by me. Furthermore, I did this review based on my skin type and my personal experience. As everyone has different skin type and reacts to skin care products differently, I do not guarantee the same effects may apply to you.